Soldier Suicide, PTSD, and Related Topics Helpful to Our Veteran Families
Home Remedy To Lower Anxiety and Control PTSD “It’s time for our families to take PTSD therapy out of government’s hand and into their own.” says Once a Soldier’s CEO David Barbush. “The VA, doctors and big pharma has failed them. Tapping can be done on their...
Emotional Freedom Techniques Tap Into Your Own Healing Power For a How-To-Tap guide, click here. Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT), also known as Tapping, is a powerful holistic healing technique. Clinically proven to effectively resolve a range of issues, including...
Open-Minded & Ready to Help Once a Soldier advocates on behalf of veteran families touched by veteran suicide. We believe that PTSD is the reason most of our families are faced with the ongoing pain and suffering of vetearn suicide. We see it as a part of our...
Service canines help veterans, but the VA won’t back grants or bills that fund them. While they do help, they’re only really good band-aids.
After 20 Years of Waiting, Expensive Nasal Spray Fails to Realize Ketamine's Full Potential "Spravato is a landmark approval, now we need to accelerate the improvements. And we can't wait years and years for them while politicians get "comfortable" with the idea of...
WW II Veteran Suffers But Recovers from PTSD George Withers had a whimsical touch in his art that perfectly illustrated the mood in America before and after WWII. Smiles he put on the faces of his subject, even when they were in some unlikely settings, captured...
Step Inside a Veteran-Run Ketamine IV Drip PTSD Therapy Clinic The future for PTSD treatment looks bright - so let’s get right to it. Our focus will be on the drug ketamine and how micro-dosing with certified and trained professionals is a promising PTSD-killer....
Congressional Bill Seeks Financial Help for Service Dog PTSD TherapyService animals have become widely accepted to assist those with diabetes, seizures, autism and allergies. We’ve seen support animals on shopping trips, in our places of work and even on planes....
Veteran Administration's Position Hurts Veterans Suffering From PTSD At Once A Soldier, our dedicated team understands the detrimental and debilitating impact that PTSD can have on soldiers, veterans, and their families. This is why we support a variety of local and...
Archive of our Advocacy Blogs on Veteran Suicide
- August 18th Tapping How-To Guide – Mental Health Therapy In Your Hands (PTSD therapy, tapping therapy)
- August 17th Promising Pharma-Free Therapy for Veteran PTSD Families (veteran suicide)
- August 4th Once a Soldier Advocates to Rep. Rutherford’s Office (Rep John Rutherford, veteran suicide)
- July 23rd The Curious Case of Service Canines for Wounded Warriors (PTSD therapy)
- July 8th Spravato is a Good Start But Not The Future of PTSD Treatment (veteran suicide)
- June 28th An Illustrator’s Journey In and Out of “Shell Shock” (FU PTSD, George Withers, PTSD, shell shock)
- June 19th The Promise of Ketamine for PTSD (Ketamine, PTSD therapy, veteran suicide)
- June 18th PAWS Act and the VA (veteran suicide)
- May 20th VA Not High on Medical Marijuana as PTSD Treatment for Veterans (medical marijuana, veteran suicide)
- May 13th Once a Soldier – The Voice of Veteran Families After a Soldier Suicide (Once a Soldier, soldier suicide, veteran suicide)
- May 4th Once a Soldier Rejects VA’s Position on Medical Marijuana Bills (US Veterans Administration, veteran suicide)
- April 20th PTSD Brain Scans Fall Short for Diagnosis (FU PTSD, PTSD, PTSD brain scans)
- April 10th VA Needs Greater Accountability for Parking Lot Suicides (veteran suicide)
- April 10th Vietnam Veterans Association 1046 Meets Once a Soldier (veteran suicide)
- March 29th Cellphone Jamming Legislation Needed (veteran suicide)
- March 26th Stopping Soldier Suicide the Navy Way (veteran suicide)
- March 6th Latest FDA-Approved PTSD And Depression Treatments (psychedelic treatment)
- February 13th Sunbelt Wellness Institute Ketamine-Infused PTSD Clinic (Blog, Ketamine, PTSD, PTSD therapy, veteran suicide)
- February 11th Should Jacksonville’s Veterans Memorial Arena Sell Naming Rights? (Blog, Veterans Memorial Arena)
- January 14th Veteran PTSD and Opioid Addiction Statistics (PTSD, substance abuse, veteran suicide)
- January 7th Movement to Make PTSD an Official Cause of Death (PTSD, veteran suicide)
- December 24th VA Only Spends 1% of Solider Suicide Awareness Ad Budget (veteran suicide)
- December 20th Once a Soldier on WJCT’s First Coast Connect (First Coast Connect, Jags Watch Party fundraiser, Melissa Ross, WJCT public radio)
- December 17th Pre-Planning for Veterans and their Families (pre-planning, veteran suicide)
- November 29th BFF Booth Helps Raise Funds at Jax Chamber Event (veteran suicide)
- November 29th Ways to Afford Mental Health Care Treatment (affordable mental health)
- November 20th Coping After a Soldier Suicide – What Veteran Families Need to Know (suicide coping, veteran suicide)
- November 12th New Facebook Group Launches for Families of Veteran Suicide (suicide support group, veteran suicide)
- November 11th Psychotherapy Treatment for PTSD – Phase Two Study Encouraging (veteran suicide)
- November 10th Veterans Administration Confirms Soldier Suicide is Mostly Veteran Suicide (US Veterans Administration, veteran suicide)
- November 2nd Research: Using Social Media Patterns to Identify Veterans at Risk for Suicide (suicide research, veteran suicide)
- October 22nd Life After Veteran Suicide – A Tale of Two Families (veteran suicide)
- October 15th Ken Amaro of First Coast News Visits Once a Soldier (Silver Lining Project, soldier suicide, US Veterans Administration, veteran suicide)
- October 15th Five Veterans Administration Patients Taking their Lives at VA Facilities (veteran suicide)
- October 15th Veterans Administration Veteran Suicides Making News Again (soldier suicide, VA parking lot suicides, veteran suicide)
- October 12th Assisted Living Benefits for Veterans – A Complete Guide (US Veterans Administration, veteran assisted living benefits, Veteran's Families)
- October 2nd PTSD and Substance Abuse (PTSD, substance abuse)
- August 3rd Veterans: Consider Ditching the Veterans Administration for Obamacare (Affordable Care Act, veteran obamacare, veteran suicide)
- July 30th Veterans Administration Shooting Itself Over Improving (US Veterans Administration, veteran suicide)
- July 18th Now That He’s Dead, the Veteran’s Administration Offers Georgia Veteran Suicide Victim the Care He Needs (veteran suicide)
- May 3rd Soldier Suicide in the News (soldier suicide)
- March 19th PTSD Guide for Veterans, Active Duty, Family and Civilians (PTSD, PTSD screening)
- March 12th New American Tragedy: Where Guns Meet PTSD (gun control, PTSD, veteran suicide)
- February 8th 3 Reasons for Soldier Suicides in VA Parking Lots (FU PTSD, PTSD, soldier suicide, US Veterans Administration, VA parking lot suicides)
- January 12th Bitcoin Joins the Fight Against PTSD (PTSD, PTSD screening)
- January 11th A Soldier Suicide Survivor’s Guide to Your Benefits (department of defense, Veteran's Families)
- December 29th Famous Green Berets “Horse Soldiers” Film New Trailer (veteran suicide)
- November 30th Successful Teen Suicide Prevention Story (suicide prevention, suicide prevention tips, veteran suicide)
- November 19th Myths and Realities About Suicide (Blog, suicide prevention)
- November 17th November 13-17 2017 – Veteran Suicide Prevention Week (Blog, Veteran Suicide Prevention Week 2017)
- November 4th USA Military Families – Tips for Survival During Deployment (military deployment)
- November 1st Soldier Suicide Prevention Tips (suicide prevention, suicide prevention tips, veteran suicide)
- October 25th FU PTSD (FU PTSD, PTSD)
- October 18th Silver Lining Project: Soldier Suicide Video Memorial Page (Silver Lining Project, soldier suicide)
- October 13th Once a Soldier on Giving Tuesday (giving tuesday)
- October 11th PTSD for Beginners by a Beginner (PTSD, PTSD screening)
- October 7th Veteran Suicide Rates by State (US Veterans Administration, veteran suicide)
- October 2nd Media Coverage of Las Vegas Mass Shooting and Solider Suicide (Blog)
- September 25th Soldier Suicide and Suicide Contagion – Let’s Stop This (soldier suicide, suicide contagion, veteran suicide)
- September 22nd A Look at Solider Suicide in the News (soldier suicide, veteran suicide)